Scrim Reinforced Adhesive Tapes
Initially developed as reinforcement between paper layers in packaging material, scrim has proven to be a versatile product with diverse custom applications. It's the right material for reinforcing many industrial products like roofing, carpets, air ducts, filters, tape, laminations, and the list goes on. You may have a product that could benefit from scrim versatility.
Scrim Tape FAQs
- What is scrim tape? Srim tape is a self-wound double-coated woven tape designed for challenging applications. It has excellent quick adhesion for permanent bond applications.
- What is scrim tape used for? Srim tape can be used for a variety of applications but is often used in plastering to secure joints between plasterboard sheets.
- How to apply scrim tape? When using scrim tape for plasterboard, you will want to follow these steps to apply it.
- Work vertically
- Start at the top of the plasterboard
- Stick about 3 inches of tape to the plasterboard
- Ensure the joint is aligned with the middle of the tape
- Once you have the initial tape down, continue to apply the scrim tape by pressing firmly as you apply
- Once you get to the end of the plasterboard, use a knife to cut the tape straightly