General Purpose PSA Tapes
Also known as self-adhesive tape, general-purpose pressure-sensitive adhesive (PSA) tape is a category of adhesive tape you can use for various applications, from fabricating to mounting to construction. Unlike some other tapes, general-purpose PSA tape doesn't need heat or water to activate the solvent — it simply requires pressure to adhere, hence the name. This kind of tape is typically light and flexible and comes with a single- or double-sided coating.
Types of Adhesives Used in General Purpose PSA Tape
At Magnum Tapes & Films®, we offer rubber- and acrylic-based general-purpose PSA tapes you can use in different projects.
- Rubber: PSA tape with rubber adhesive features either natural or synthetic rubber. This kind of pressure-sensitive adhesive is best suited for applications in moderate temperatures. Additionally, rubber PSA sticks to surfaces quickly and is cost-effective.
- Acrylic: This kind of pressure-sensitive tape is made with acrylic polymers. Those working in high-temperature situations should opt for acrylic PSA, which can develop a strong bond despite the heat. Further, acrylic PSA tape holds up well against wear and aging. Magnum Tapes & Films acrylic tape is low on volatile organic compounds (VOC).
Advantages of General Purpose PSA Tape
Compared to traditional fastening systems, general-purpose PSA tape is an easy-to-use, affordable solution for all kinds of applications. Here are some of the advantages of choosing general-purpose PSA tape for your projects:
- Features lighter material without compromising adhesive strength
- Minimizes assembly time
- Offers noise dampening
- Allows you to create uniform thickness by filling gaps
- Works on various surface types and roughnesses
- Replaces the need for mechanical fasteners
- Seals against moisture
How to Choose the Right General Purpose PSA Tape
Magnum Tapes & Films manufactures and sells many general-purpose double-sided and transfer tapes. Our double-sided tapes come in 400, 600, and 800 Series varieties. Our transfer tapes are available in 200, 400, and 800 Series versions. Each PSA tape variety has unique properties that make it ideal for specific applications.
When browsing PSA tapes from Magnum Tapes & Films, consider the following variables to choose the right type for your application:
- What will be the tape's function in the project?
- How will you apply the tape?
- What kind of material will the tape attach to?
- What are the conditions for your project, such as the temperature?
As you consider the above questions, you can learn more about our PSA tape options by reading about their attributes listed in the tables.
Contact Magnum Tapes & Films to Purchase General Purpose PSA Tape
When you need general-purpose PSA tape, we're here to help. With numerous types of quality pressure-sensitive adhesives for you to consider, Magnum Tapes & Films has the materials you need to complete your next project. To learn more about your options, download our Adhesive Product Guide for all the information you need to navigate your purchase.
Browse our products today to find the right one for your needs. Ready to purchase general-purpose tape? Call us at 877.460.8402 to connect with our team and begin the buying process!