Adhesive Film Manufacturers
Pressure Sensitive Adhesive Films for Printing & Graphics Applications
Magnum Tapes & Films® offers broad-ranging capabilities in pressure-sensitive adhesive film manufacturing. Our film products include rubber- and low-VOC acrylic-based adhesive systems with various thicknesses and physical properties tailored to your application.
Our state-of-the-art facility allows us to manufacture high-quality adhesive tape and film products while affording us the flexibility to be responsive and agile, with excellent product value and outstanding service.
What Is Adhesive Film Tape?
Adhesive film tape comprises homogeneous, non-fibrous webs of synthetic materials like vinyl, polypropylene, polyester, and polyethylene. The products are often available with acrylic, silicone, or rubber adhesive and a release liner on one or both sides of the tape or with a paper, plastic, foil, foam, or cloth backing. The adhesive-coated backing is then rolled up and slit into narrow bands to produce rolls of adhesive tape.
There are three primary types of film adhesives, which require different application methods:
- Pressure-sensitive: You can adhere pressure-sensitive adhesive (PSA) film to surfaces by applying pressure to the PSA tape.
- Heat-activated: Heat-activated films must be heated to bond to surfaces.
- Water-activated: These films have a craft paper backing that becomes sticky when moistened.
Industrial and Commercial Film Adhesives Applications
Adhesive film tape has many purposes. It is often used for surface protection, bonding, packaging, identification, and safety applications. Film rolls are commonly used in a wide range of commercial and industrial operations, such as in electrical, medical, aerospace, assembly, and automotive markets.
Some of the many applications of adhesive-backed film products include:
- Decorative trim
- Folding cartons
- Corrugated boxes and folders
- Resealable bags
- Point-of-purchase (POP) displays
- Plastic fasteners
- Profile extrusions
Benefits of Adhesive Film Rolls
When you use PSA film for your commercial and industrial film application needs, you'll experience various adhesive film roll benefits:
- Structural strength: Due to their exceptional bond strength, you can use adhesive tapes to replace fasteners like bolts, welds, and rivets.
- Performance: Adhesive film tapes are engineered to deliver dependable performance, resulting in lasting adhesive-backed products. They also provide lasting adhesion to challenging surfaces like glass.
- Sustainability: Because adhesive film delivers consistent application results, it reduces material waste.
- Customizability: You can purchase pressure-sensitive film rolls in various sizes, widths, and thicknesses to serve your unique application needs.
- Longevity: Adhesive tapes do not require special storage considerations like airtight containers or flammability cabinets. All you have to do is store them out of the sun and away from moisture.
Magnum offers a variety of adhesive-backed film products. Optional topcoats are available for various printing applications, including inkjet, flexographic, digital/laser, and UV printing.
We carry three primary types of printable PSA papers, each with different compositions and characteristics. Learning about each of our film options will help you choose the one that's best for your application needs.
Adhesive vinyl film, also known as polyvinyl chloride (PVC) film, comprises a thin, flexible layer of PVC, which serves as the face stock or front material. The reverse side of the vinyl is coated with the adhesive and backed with a release liner, a silicon-coated paper that allows for easy removal. Vinyl film is both durable and pliable, meaning it can easily contour to curved surfaces. It is typically moisture- and chemical-resistant.
We offer printable PSA vinyl on numerous liner types. These products accept a wide range of solvent-based inkjet, ultraviolet (UV), and eco-solvent inks, making them useful for wide-format digital printing technologies and screen printing. Our adhesive vinyl films are ideal for nameplates, signage, decals, and POP displays.
Polypropylene tape is known for its robust composition, which can withstand solvents, moisture, and high temperatures. It also offers high strength and tear resistance, making it suitable for outdoor applications. Due to its physical and dielectric properties, PSA polypropylene film is beneficial for electrical insulation and packaging applications. It is also helpful for paint masking and signage and can adhere to glass, magnetic media, and boards.
At Magnum, we offer printable PSA polypropylene designed for general graphics applications, stickers, and labels that require excellent ink saturation. Our polypropylene films are compatible with many digital printing technologies, such as:
- Latex presses
- Screen printing
- Laser printers
- Thermal transfer printing (TTR)
- Toner-based printers
Because printable paper films are naturally brittle, they're best suited for lightweight and decorative adhesive applications. However, paper adhesives can be laminated with other materials to improve their tensile strength. This film type is known for being easy to print and highly customizable.
Our printable paper substrates are Forest Stewardship Council-certified, meaning they are derived from responsibly managed forests. These paper stocks are available on various liners and come in several finishes. They are compatible with many printing technologies, such as:
- Dye inks
- Latex inks
- Offset printing
- Dry and liquid toner printers
- Pigmented inks
- Laser printers
- Kodak NexPress
- Hewlett-Packard (HP) printers
You can purchase our printable PSA papers in numerous finishes based on your preferences, including:
- Matte: We offer matte printable PSA paper in finishes including matte white vinyl, polypropylene, and inkjet paper. Matte adhesives provide a sleek and subdued look with zero glare or smudging.
- Gloss: Our gloss printable PSA papers are available in white vinyl and inkjet paper, including high gloss or #100 gloss paper. Gloss films produce a smooth and shiny finish.
Release liners are plastic-based film sheets that carry adhesive materials, preventing them from adhering to surfaces prematurely. They also serve as a protective covering for pressure-sensitive adhesive laminates, ensuring the self-adhesive material doesn't get damaged.
You can find numerous release liners for your adhesive film at Magnum, enabling you to choose the release liner options that best suit your specific application. Several thicknesses and release factors are available, as well as single- and double-liner constructions for transfer tapes.
We understand that no two commercial film applications are the same. That's why we offer film products in various thicknesses to meet your needs, including premium 3.5-millimeter (mm) vinyl standard with custom thicknesses available. We also carry a variety of paper weights to complete your specific application.
Rolls Sizes and Lengths
Magnum has the flexibility to offer a selection of stock products as well as custom and nonstandard sizes. We carry industrial adhesive film rolls as short, long, or wide as you need them to meet your individualized applications. Our size and length options include the following:
- Film widths from 1/4 inch to 60 inches (custom slitting available)
- Roll lengths to 5,000 feet
- Standard 3-inch core size
Slitting is the process of cutting materials from a large roll to create specific lengths and widths. This process requires the use of a specialized film-slitting machine, which unwinds the film roll, feeds it through the slitting step to cut it, and rewinds it into a roll.
As your trusted industrial adhesive film manufacturer, Magnum has the capacity to slit PSA tapes and films to suit your needs. We use our slipping machines to produce the following outcomes:
- Finished slit widths from 1/4 inch to 60 inches
- Finished roll lengths from 50 feet to 3,000 feet
- Finished roll diameters up to 18 inches
When you purchase adhesive film from us, you can expect it to be expertly packaged to your specifications. We have multiple pallet sizes available to accommodate various roll widths, and all pallets are stretch-wrapped for additional protection. We offer sturdy and durable horizontal and vertical packaging options, where each vertically packaged pallet contains nine rolls. The narrow-slit product is poly-bagged and slip-sheeted in carton packaging.
You can choose from our convenient private and custom labeling options when you order products from us. You can also ask about our economical and environmentally friendly returnable packaging options to promote packaging sustainability.
Invest in High-Quality Adhesive Film Tape from Magnum Tapes & Films® Today
If you need a dependable and experienced industrial adhesive film supplier, look no further than Magnum Tapes & Films. With over 30 years of experience manufacturing high-quality adhesive films, tapes, and flexible magnetic products, we're the experts you can trust. We emphasize quality, value, service, and delivery in everything we do.
Please contact us to discuss your film needs!